Content Marketing is the New Black – What is Your Website Wearing?
Content Marketing is the trend in website marketing that smart business owners are including in their online marketing plan.
What is Content Marketing?
Content Marketing involves creating and sharing valuable web content to market your business. Now that information is so readily available on the internet, Content Marketing involves providing your target audience with relevant and valuable information, when they are actively looking for it.
Content Marketing capitalizes on the online marketing opportunities created by both blogging and social media marketing.
In simple terms, you add valuable content to your website or blog in the form of articles, videos, ebooks, whitepapers, case studies and podcasts and share a link to the content as widely as possible via Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Social Bookmarking, article sharing websites and other outlets.
And the good news for “non salesy” people is that although the ultimate aim is to generate business, the actual process doesn’t involve selling.
6 Reasons Why Content Marketing Should be Part of Your Marketing Plan:
1. Become a thought leader: Build your credibility by demonstrating your knowledge in the articles you distribute. Gain trust so that people are happy to work with you and buy from you.
2. Gain increased web traffic from social media: Attract new readers and make new contacts by sharing valuable information in social networks like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
3. Gain increased web traffic from search engines: Using the same keywords in your web content that people would use to search for your product or service improves the chance of your website showing up in search engine results. Each new article can be optimized for a new target keyword phrase. And each new article makes your website bigger and more authoritative. All these things make your website search engine friendly.
4. Keep your web visitors coming back: Give your web visitors (and search engines) a reason to keep coming back to your website by regularly sharing new content.
5. Expand your network: Responding to comments on your articles, blogs or tweets helps you build relationships with potential customers, partners and suppliers.
6. Build inbound links: High quality content will entice other website owners to link to your website. Inbound links are a key aspect of improving your website’s search engine ranking.
Give Content Marketing a go, particularly if you:
Are a small to medium sized business owner or marketer
– Have a limited marketing budget
– Have a lot of experience and knowledge about your chosen field
– Want to improve the results you’re getting from your website.